21 Jun IFSEC Global Top Influencers in Security and Fire 2022 unveiled
IFSEC’s Global top influencers in security and fire safety have been unveiled for 2022.
The winners have been named after hundreds of nominations and a judging panel of highly respected international professionals selected them across several categories. The categories cover roles spanning across many sectors, including:
- Commercial Security – End users (including Security Directors/Heads of Security)
- Commercial Security – Security Executives
- Commercial Security – Association Figures/Academics/Thought Leaders
- Cyber Security Professionals
- One to Watch – Security
- Commercial Security – Manufacturers/Vendors/Integrators/Installers
- Fire Safety (Including a ‘One to Watch’ category)
The process to select winners consisted of two stages. The first saw IFSEC Global invite nominations from its audience and around the world. Next a panel of judges put forward their own nominations and assigned points to each nomination based on the persuasiveness of the nomination, their research into the nominee, and their own knowledge of the nominee’s contributions to the field.
The final list was then compiled by Lead Judge, Grant Lecky, based on the judges scores in the security sector, and James Moore, Editor of IFSEC Global, for the Fire Safety sector.
For this IFSEC Global awards, ‘Influencer’ is defined in the several ways, including:
- Someone who has played a key role in driving technological innovation
- Someone who has been a driving force in changing regulation, standards, guidance or best
- Someone whose insights and opinions are widely respected and are influential in shaping
debate around industry issues
- Someone who has been instrumental in the success of the organisation or business they lead
or are employed by
- Someone who has helped to raise the industry’s profile or been an influential voice in the
James Moore, Editor of IFSEC Global, commented: “We run these awards each year to celebrate and acknowledge the incredible work and commitment professionals in fire and security sector have. So many go above and beyond in industries that are ultimately about protecting people, property and assets, and it’s always inspiring to read the bios of those who make the final shortlist.
“2022 was once again hugely competitive and testament to the overall quality of professionals working in the sectors on a global scale. I would like to thank all those who submitted nominations and all the judges who took the time to assess the entries and provide their scores.”
Head judge Grant Lecky resumed his role this year alongside Bonnie Butlin who coordinated the judging process. Grant is co-founder of the Security Partners Forum (SPF), a network of security professionals that fosters greater communication and collaboration between the public, private and non-profit sectors across the globe. Bonnie is also co-founder and Executive
Director of the Security Partners Forum, among many other projects.
In addition to the SPF, Grant currently serves as an Expert Network Member at the World Economic Forum, as member of the global advisory council of the Institute of Strategic Risk Management (ISRM) and is a winner of numerous accolades including a spot on the Canadian Who’s Who and the Bill Zalud Award through the IFPO and Security Magazine.
The ‘Global Security Influencer of the Year’ Award will be announced later this year from a separate panel of judges. The winner will be chosen between the top influencers in the security categories, excluding ‘One to Watch’.